At our Midweek Fellowship we watched a DVD from Tommy Nelson on the introduction to the prophecies of Daniel. He laid out 9 reasons for prophecy and I would like to share those again here:
- It gives us comfort to know that God has a plan (1 Thessalonians 4:13).
- It keeps us sober minded about life and the future.
- It instills a healthy fear (2 Corinthians 5:9-10).
- It invites us to join the privileged in knowing what’s ahead (John 15:15).
- It gives us hope (Titus 2).
- It brings purity of hearts (1 John 3:3).
- It impacts our preachings and teaching to deal with what matters – heaven vs hell.
- It brings purpose to our work and lives.
- It encourages perseverance in our Christian commitment because we know our God has the last word.