While I have been resistant to suspending our gatherings, it has occurred to me that it may be prudent to take “The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America — 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)” at its word and suspend our gatherings for the time being.
This is a difficult decision that I was hoping to put off or not have to make, but after hearing from some of you, and from some healthcare professionals who hold more concern about this coronavirus over the next few weeks than frankly I do at the moment, it is a decision that seems best for our well-being.
I have never been a church pastor during a global pandemic before, but what does concern me is that the majority of us are in the high risk age and health category for contracting the coronavirus and its ill effects.
There are ways we can stay in community and grow in our faith while temporarily not meeting together but there is no way to undo the spread of COVID-19, especially unknowingly spreading the coronavirus, through one of our meetings.
So please forgive me but I am choosing to suspend our gatherings for the next two weeks through April 6, the time frame being recommended as a re-evaluation point for continuance quarantine or removal of quarantine guidelines.
We can all monitor this together and re-evaluate together too. April 6 is just the date being used by the State of Alabama and I thinking that as we get one week or more into this we’ll know how soon we can all feel comfortable meeting again and going about normal routines.
As I had mentioned this morning in my email titled “Coronavirus: Week One at CrossHope Chapel” I will be sharing with you more emails and some YouTube videos, too.
If you have any questions, please ask!
• Daily Promise Subscription: https://eepurl.com/cdO4mv
• News & Notes Subscription: https://eepurl.com/dC2XBf
• YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/stevedurkac