7) The Kingdom of Heaven
Whatever you imagine heaven to be like, it is more magnificent, more beautiful, and more glorious. The Apostle Paul said, “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).
In 2 Peter 3:13 we read, “Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” Jesus said, “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth” (Matthew 5:5).
Although we cannot understand everything about heaven, we can find answers to some of our most fundamental questions directly from the pages of God’s Word.
So, let’s ask the Bible…
- Whose control will all earthly kingdoms pass into? Revelation 11:15
- What title does the Bible give Jesus—the ruler of this new heaven and earth? Revelation 17:14
- When Jesus reigns as the king of Earth made new, where will His capital city, New Jerusalem, be located? Revelation 21:2-3
- How does the Bible describe the New Jerusalem? Revelation 21:16-21
- Since the New Jerusalem is a real city, upon a real planet, will the redeemed have real, immortal bodies? Philippians 3:21; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54
- Will these glorious new bodies be subject to sickness, pain, or death? Revelation 21:4; Isaiah 35:5-6
- Will we ever experience sorrow again? Revelation 21:4-5
- What practical activities will the redeemed pursue in the new earth? Isaiah 65:21-22
- How does the Bible describe our closeness to Jesus in eternity? Revelation 14:4; Revelation 21:2
- Will we actually see God in the new earth? Revelation 22:3-4
- How does the Bible describe the rich fellowship with the redeemed of all ages we shall enjoy in heaven? Matthew 8:11
- How open will our fellowship with Jesus be throughout eternity? Revelation 21:3, 7; Revelation 22:3-4
- Will we recognize people from earth when we are in heaven? 1 John 3:2; Matthew 17:1-3; John 20:16, 20; 21:12
- What are the citizenship requirements for this new world? John 6:47; Luke 23:42-44; Philippians 3:20; Revelation 22:14