I am sorry to have canceled our gathering for tomorrow, but it seemed the best option now that our fellowship dealing with C-19 positive results or waiting for C-19 test results or those who are as I am, not C-19 symptomatic but just not feeling well.
When we are all together again in person I have much to tell you and discuss about today’s difficult decision to continue our gathering suspension and the whole C-19 scenario.
I don’t know how to accurately express the burden the issues that this whole C-19 thing is causing me in terms of knowing the balance between being prudent for health measures and being faithful to our calling as a community.
Speaking of getting back together as a church fellowship, I am now thinking that maybe we should aim for Pentecost Sunday, May 31, 2020 as our Plan C for getting back to regular Sunday fellowship.
That is a two week period and theoretically it would allow the time for any virus any of us may be carrying to run its course and allow us to come back together without any additional concerns of spreading or contracting more than normal conditions.
Coming back together on Pentecost Sunday, May 31, 2020, has a certain appeal to me because we will need the vaccination of the Pentecost power Holy Spirit to move beyond this C-19 fear and confusion, to move beyond a survival mode faith to a revival mode faith.
Right now, across America and in states with projected quarantine restrictions still months away (like California), thousands of churches are currently planning on resuming their regular weekly fellowship on Pentecost Sunday, May 31, 2020, because of the significance of this date and how it underscores the post-need of the church.
So right now I am asking that you be in prayer for each other, for our fellowship, and then let me know if Pentecost Sunday seems like a doable date for you.