Here are some items of interest and planning…
- Sunday, January 3, 2016 – Potluck, communion, and I want to share a devotional thought on facing a new year, especially this one.
- Revelation – We have 3 more weeks in the book of Revelation, with looks at the 1000 years, hell, and heaven.
- Philippians and John – Over these holidays I kept coming back in my head, that we should cover the 4 chapters of the book of Philippians before we get into Gospel of John. I realize when we were last together that I said we’d go to the Gospel of John, but I have a sense in my spirit that the four weeks we’ll spend will be an encouragement to our faith, before heading into the longer book of John. Philippians is not a theologically heavy book, but rather an encouraging message of faith, prayer, and mindset toward life.
- War Room Study – Before we start our Midweek Fellowship in the War Room Study we’d like all who wish to see the movie to do so, and I now have 2 DVD’s of the movie. I will bring them Sunday so some one can take them home to view on your own or we can set up a time at the chapel to view them.
- Painting – On a final note…I painted the reception room at the chapel. It was an adventure that I do not want to tackle again. However, you probably heard me say that my intention was to transform the chapel into a church home and eventually remove the “wedding chapel” feel. So as I was sitting there after Christmas, it felt like one of those restaurants with a ton of stuff on the wall that probably was there to hide a need for paint. So after some horrible resurfacing and bad paint, I painted it a lighter color and within the next week or so will put up our mission statement on one wall (To love God and to make His love known) and the back focal point wall will be Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”