Here’s some of the things we mentioned at church as we look ahead to December 2016…
• First Sunday – December 6 is our regular First Sunday service with potluck and communion. I am thinking the potluck is a true whatever you want to bring potluck, unless you hear otherwise. Let me also add a reminder, that if you don’t have anything to bring or simply woke up on Sunday morning and forgot, please still come because we generally have extra food and we are very close to Winn-Dixie and able to send someone to pick up a few last minute items if needed.
• Gospel of John – we are still wrapping up the wrapping up of our teaching through the Gospel of John series and it looks like we are going to finish up John 21, the last chapter of the gospel in our last Sunday teaching of 2016 on December 11.
• New Series in January – Let’s begin the new year with 1 & 2 Thessalonians and somewhere in that series we will pause to take a look at an 8-page handout I just completed titled “Reasons I Believe in a Pretribulation Rapture.” In this handout I share 4 objections I once had toward the pre-trib view, how I now understand those objections, and I share 10 reasons I have to believe in the pre-trib view.
• Christmas Party Gathering – Mark your calendar for Sunday, December 18 at 5:30 PM and let’s meet at Chris & Jody’s house. We’ll share directions at church, too or email me or Chris & Jody. We will also have a brief candlelight remembrance service for our loved ones who have gone to be with Jesus.
• Sunday Schedule Changes – Two dates with changes: December 18th no morning gathering, we will meet that evening at Jody’s & Chris’ as mentioned above and there will be no meeting December 25th. We will meet on Sunday, January 1, 2017 with our regular First Sunday service.
• Midweek Fellowship – We will likely determine any Wednesday evening schedule changes in December week-to-week.
• Christmas Shoeboxes – We sent off 8 shoeboxes with the Samaritans Purse Operation Christmas Child and we had them tracked so we should hear something around April or May as to where they were delivered.