RSS CrossHope Chapel Email Newsletter

• Covid in the Camp January 13, 2022
    We have some positive COVID-19 results among our fellowship, and that will require one of our church families to quarantine over the weekend. Steph and I have just returned from Orlando where we moved Payton into her new apartment, and … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Love His Appearing January 6, 2022
    I’ve been contemplating 2 Timothy 4:8 and Paul’s mention of those who “love his appearing.” Paul is reflecting on the end of his life and ministry and writes, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Some Announcements January 2, 2022
    I have some announcements or miscellaneous things to share with you… • We are getting back together soon, on Sunday morning January 16th, and I am looking forward to it. When we get back together at the Chapel that day, … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Happy New Year! December 30, 2021
    In my youth I often had older people tell me that time flies as you age. In recent years I have come to believe that, because I feel like I have been caught off guard on the ending of 2021. … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Merry Christmas! December 24, 2021
    Christmas is an annual reminder that the Kingdom of God is with us and Satan’s demise is in deliberative motion. It may be an unconventional perspective, but Revelation 12:10 is a Christmas verse to me. It states, “Then I heard … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • A Brief Reflection on Christmas December 19, 2021
    The Christmas season is an opportunity for us to reflect on the first advent of our Savior, even though we may not buy into it as a religious celebration. Since leaving Catholicism I have lost a sense of obligation to … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • What About Natural Disasters? December 14, 2021
    The recent deadly tornado strike in Kentucky and neighboring states has caused many of us to question how we should understand natural disasters. Here, I want to share with you some thoughts and biblical principles to help us all do … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Mariner Restaurant December 10, 2021
    For those who have been planning on coming to the Mariner Restaurant this Sunday at 12:00 Noon, I want to give you the address if you use a map app: 6036 Rock Point Road, Mobile, Alabama 36605 The Mariner Restaurant … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Revelation 4 & 5 – Study Highlights December 6, 2021
    Sunday at CrossHope Chapel we opened to Revelation 4 and 5 and talked about John’s vision of the throne room in Heaven. Chapters 4 and 5 are a transition of sorts from the seven letters to the seven churches and … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • December 2021 December 3, 2021
    I can’t believe it is December already, but I do hope you all are well. I am feeling back to normal and am so looking forward to us all being together this Sunday. It’s been a very busy week for … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac