RSS CrossHope Chapel Email Newsletter

• Potluck Tomorrow March 6, 2021
    Tomorrow is the First Sunday of March and we will have potluck, communion, and open to Matthew 12:1-14 on “Jesus as Lord of the Sabbath.” Potluck tomorrow is loosely based around the one dish that was mentioned last Sunday, a … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Wednesday, March 3rd March 2, 2021
    I mentioned at church Sunday that I may have to cancel Bible study on Wednesday because of appliance repairs at my home. As it turns out, I do, so this is to confirm that cancellation. Our appliance repairs are scheduled … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Mark 16:18 and Handling Serpents February 16, 2021
    This past Sunday when I mentioned wanting to leave you with a promise for our fellowship as we go into the future, I asked for someone to find and read Matthew 18:16. I wrote that verse on the flip chart, … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • A Family Conversation February 13, 2021
    Those of you on our church prayer alert text list know that our family received some very bad news this past week. This Sunday, I would like for us to have a family conversation. Steph and I will update you … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Wednesday February 9, 2021
    I hate to have to do this a second consecutive week but I need to cancel our Wednesday Bible study because of some family issues that need my attention.  
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Sunday, February 7, 2021 February 6, 2021
    This coming Sunday, February 7, is our monthly potluck and Roxan has graciously providing us with a Honeybaked Ham. So we are building our meal around the ham. So far I believe we have deviled eggs, lima beans, and bread … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Let’s Stop Fretting February 5, 2021
    Recently I was doing some studying on a topic that led me to Psalm 37:1 which says, “Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.” When we read Psalm 37:2 we see the … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • Wednesday & Sunday February 2, 2021
    WEDNESDAY NEWS: One of the chaplains at the hospital has had an unexpected death in their family and I will be filling in for them the next few days, including on Wednesday, so I will not be able to meet … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • 2020 Donation Receipts January 27, 2021
    I will have 2020 Donation Receipts with me tomorrow at Bible study and at church this coming Sunday. If you prefer that I mail your receipt, just let me know and I will happily get that to you. If you … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac
  • This Wednesday January 19, 2021
    As you know, my daughter is scheduled to give birth Tuesday and right now the plan is for me to go across the Bay on Wednesday to get Gypsi Rose from my oldest daughter. That will likely be in the … Continue reading →
    Pastor Steve Durkac