3) Signs of the End
Lawlessness, political meltdowns, religious intolerance, sexual deviancy, hurricanes, disasters, Christian persecutions, judicial activism, infanticide, and brutal acts of violence have citizens asking, “Our these signs of the end?”
This lesson will take us to a topic that the Lord Jesus Christ addressed when his disciples asked a similar question in regard to the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the age – the signs of the return of Christ. A topic mentioned 250 times in the New Testament alone—once in every 25 verses.
So, let’s ask the Bible about these signs…
1. What question did the disciples ask Jesus regarding the last days? Matthew 24:3
2. Does the Bible reveal the exact date and time for Christ’s return? Matthew 24:36;
3. How can we be ready for an event if we don’t know when it will happen? Luke 21:36
4. Since we don’t know the exact time of Christ’s return, is it possible to know when the
end is near? Matthew 24:32, 33
5. What signs in the religious world indicate Jesus’ return is near? Matthew 24:5, 11, 24
6. What prediction did Jesus make regarding the international conflict? Matthew 24:6, 7
7. How does the book of Revelation describe the dangerous situation among the nations
of the world prior to the return of Jesus? Revelation 11:18
8. In spite of the buildup of threatening weaponry, what will the nations be saying in the
last days? 1 Thessalonians 5:3
9. What signs will occur in the natural world before the return of Christ? Matthew 24:7
10. What does the Bible predict regarding the world economy at the time of the end?
11. What does the Bible say the social conditions of the world will be like in the last days?
2 Timothy 3:1-4
12. How does the Bible liken the society of Noah’s day to our day? Luke 17:26, 27
13. What is one of the clearest indications that Christ is coming soon? Matthew 24:14 (see also Revelation 14:6, 7)
14. How did Jesus tell us we should react to all the signs of His return? Matthew 24:44;