Today at church we discussed our 2017 Christmas Holiday schedule and I’ve shared that below along with some other items in chronological order between now and then…
• Tuesday, November 21 – We will not have our usually scheduled Midweek Fellowship on Wednesday because of Thanksgiving, but we talked about meeting up on Tuesday at 4:00 PM at Dickies BBQ on Airport Blvd if any one is interested and able.
• Sunday, November 26 – We will get into 1 John 3.
• Sunday, December 3 – First Sunday means potluck and communion. Frank has offered to grill some pork butt. Well probably talk about additional things to bring next Sunday, too.
• Sunday, December 3 – I forget to bring this up today, but on Sunday, December 3rd, our area Alabama Baptist Children’s Home is having an Open House from 2:00 PM to 5:00. In the past we’ve talked about doing somethings ministry wise for the orphaned and displaced child in their care, so I was thinking about going to this Open House, just tour the facilities and learn more about their needs. If this sounds interesting to you, let me know, or ask me about it. You can learn more at: http://www.alabamachild.org/main/funevents/christmas-open-house/.
• Sunday, December 17 – Christmas Party at my house. We will not meet that morning at the chapel, just that evening, and then we will get together on Sunday’s starting again at the first of the year. The Christmas Party will be late afternoon/evening and we’ll announce the exact time as we get closer. The church will provide a Honeybaked Ham and we’ll play Dirty Santa, with the gift value up to $20. We’ll be talking more about it at church, too.
• Sunday, January 7, 2018 – After the holidays we will get back on track with our usual Sunday morning simple worship and fellowship. 2018 will usher in our 8th year together as the body of Christ in fellowship!